Saturday 21 April 2012

The Training Wheels are Off

Alyssa started asking us at the end of last summer to take off her training wheels, but, we were not ready.  LOL.  The thought of all the scraped elbows and knees just turned my stomach.

Fast forward to today, both Matt and I knew that she was more than ready to take the training wheels off. So this morning, off they went to the bike path by our house and Matt ran along behind her while she struggled to keep her balance.  They did this for a few minutes and then she said, "Daddy, I'm ready to go on my own."  So he let go and she was off.

My baby girl is riding a two wheeler all by herself. How did this happen? How did she get so big?  It feels like just yesterday when we were pulling her on her tricycle with a skipping rope to help her get the feel for riding a bike.


And now we have a big girl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment