Tuesday 24 April 2012

Doctor's Appointment, Car Washes and Lost Earing.

I love to take the kids swimming.....


But with swimming pools comes plantar warts......Yuck.  Poor Alyssa has four (two big and two really small) plantar warts on the bottom of her feet.  So we tried treating them at home but had no luck.  We went to see her pediatrician this morning and he froze them off. 

Ouch. 

She did pretty well. 

Her pediatrican gave us a prescription for some cream so starting tomorrow we will be putting vaseline around the wart to protect the good skin and then putting the cream on the wart and then putting duct tape over top of everything. 

Hopefully that works and we won't have to go back and see him again.

Oh and I did learn my lesson and we will definately be wearing flip flops in the change room and on the pool deck.

After her doctor's appt, we went to Bubbles to get the car detailed, inside and out.  I had no idea that Bubbles would be so entertaining for Alyssa.  She loved it and you couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. 

While we were at Bubbles I noticed that Alyssa was missing an earing....her favorite earing....her minnie mouse earing.  Alyssa was pretty upset but I explained that we would call Grandma Sue and see where she bought it so we could get another set.  Alyssa didn't like this idea and asked me to pray to Jesus that we would find her earing.  So I prayed.  (I was kind of doubtful as we had been at the doctor's appt, toys r'us and now Bubbles).

We started walking back towards the cash register and I saw the earing.  Really....Wow, Jesus had helped us find the earing. 

It was an important lesson for me and for Alyssa.  I need to have more faith than I sometimes do and Jesus does care about all of our needs....big or little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment