Monday 9 April 2012

I Love Easter

I love Easter.  It's one of my favorite holidays.  Getting to celebrate Jesus and how he died and rose again is amazing to me.  The excitement of the kids finding their eggs.  Having a big turkey dinner with family and friends. Painted eggs.  It's all good. 


Friday morning, Alyssa and I went to the Good Friday Service at our church.  Matt kept Lucas home as there wasn't childcare and he isn't quite at the age where I can trust him to sit quietly for the whole service.  I love having Alyssa in the service with me (she is usually in her class on Sunday mornings).  She loves the praise and worship and claps her hands like the everyone else.  It's also so adorable when she sees people raising their hands in worship; her little hand raises in worship as well.  And then when it was time for communion, she turned to me and said "mommy, I have Jesus in my heart so I can have the bread and juice too, right mommy."  "You sure can, sweetie."  She was so careful as she picked out a wafer and a cup of juice and carried it ever so carefully back to our pew.  My heart melts watching her take communion. 

Sunday morning, started with an easter egg hunt.  Alyssa was up way before Lucas but she was so patient and waited for him to wake up.  As soon as she heard him talking in his crib, she was up the stairs like a bolt of lightning, though. 







After the morning easter egg hunt, it was a mad dash to get everyone ready for church.










But we did it, and we were even a little bit early!!!


On Monday night, Karen and Ed Nichols were so kind and invited us to their house for Easter Dinner.  (They have been so kind to us, and invite us for any holidays that were are here in Edmonton and not in Kamloops....we can't thank them enough for the love they have showed us over the last 11 years.)

So after supper, the kids couldn't contain their excitement anymore.  They were ready for the annual easter egg hunt. 





Then we had the task of trying to get a picture of all eleven kids.....



And then finally the pinata.  Our friend Sylvie made two pinata's this year and they were a big hit.  Only two hockey sticks were broken in the process.









Ooooohhh....what a glorious celebration we had.   I love Easter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment