Thursday 19 April 2012

Spring Banquet and Gymnastics

Yesterday was the Spring Banquet at church.  I love the Spring Banquet.  It is a wonderful gathering of beautiful ladies with delicious food. Oh and there is childcare with is HUGE. 

I love that my kids LOVE to go to church.  Alyssa really enjoys her class (especially when I am the teacher which is only once a month).  Lucas does really well too and will now freely walk into his class and play to his heart's content. 

Back, to the Spring Brunch.  It's a great time with some really special ladies, delicious food and usually an inspiring speaker.  And yesterday was by far my favorite speaker yet.  Vahen King shared her testimony which is really quite amazing and how far God has taken her through life's troubles (she had a terrible virus 12 years ago that has left her in a wheelchair).  While she was speaking, there were times that it was like God was speaking directly to me.  It was a powerful message and I am so grateful that she has chosen to be so transparent and share her struggles and triumphs with us. 

The only sad thing about Spring Banquet is that it signals the end of WIT (Women In Touch) for the year.  Every Wednesday, women of all backgrounds meet and share with one another.  We have snack, announcements and then meet in our small groups to be there for one another.  Its a powerful time where God is usually present and ministers to one or all of us.  These women have carried me in my times of need, they have laughed with me in times when all you can do is laugh, they have prayed for me when it has been needed but most importantly they have loved me unconditionally.  I love WIT and am sad that the season is over. 

Yesterday evening Alyssa had gymnastics.  She loves loves loves gymnastics and is constantly asking if it is a gymnastics night.  Both Matt and I took her as we love to watch her and see how much she improves from week to week.  Of course, Lucas was with us too.  He, too, has really improved in watching Alyssa.  In September it was nearly impossible to take him because we couldn't keep him off of the gym mats and usually only Matt or myself were able to go while the other one stayed home and watched him.  But now, he is able to listen really well and will just play with his trucks or have a snack and it is actually quite nice to take him there. 

Alyssa's gymnastics teacher informed me that Alyssa has improved so much that she is now ready for the Advanced Class.  I have already enrolled her in the same class for the next session, but in September she will start in the Advanced Class.  I'm so proud of my little gymnast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment