Saturday 28 April 2012

Alyssa's First Sleep Over

Awhile back I had a moment of insanity (I seem to be having more and more of these moments lately) and I agreed to let Alyssa have her first sleep over.  She chose to have her friend Kianna sleep over.  I thought this was a good choice as she only lives a few blocks away so if things didn't work out her parents could come and pick her up. 

So the night started just before supper time.  The girls were so excited.  This was also Kianna's first sleep over so it was VERY exciting for both girls. 

I ordered pizza and wings for the girls. 

Then it was off to play dress up.....

Of course the little brother had to tag along.  Thankfully both girls were okay with Lucas tagging along as they are quite used to little brothers. 

We finally got Lucas upstairs to be occupied by daddy.



While the girls painted their toenails downstairs in the fort that Matt had built them.  They were also watching A Cinderalla Story (a big girl movie).


And yes, I was being brave and letting them paint their nails on the carpet downstairs.

Then it was time for bed.  We started at 8:00pm


And they were finally asleep by 10:00pm.  The above picture is how they started; with Kianna in Alyssa's bed and Alyssa on the trundle bed below.  But in the end they finally settled when Alyssa was back in her normal bed and Kianna was on the trundle. 

The next morning they were up bright and early at 6:00am.  So they didn't really get their normal amount of sleep, but they were still in pretty good spirits.  We made pancakes for breakfast and then they were outside playing by 8:00 in the morning.  After all they had already been up for about 2 hours by then. 

I would say that the first sleep over was a success.  I'm not sure that I will do it anytime soon again though as I did have a pretty grumpy girl the rest of the afternoon and evening.  



No comments:

Post a Comment