Friday 27 April 2012

Swimming Update

So after much discussion with Alyssa, she decided that yes she did want to continue with swimming and yes she would definately get in the pool and have fun.

So I went ahead and got her some swimming shoes as we found the tape on her feet for her warts didn't stay on at her last class.  And you know where I found those swimming shoes?  At Shopper's Drug Mart. Have I mentioned how much I love our Shopper's Drug Mart.  They always seem to have just whatever I need.

Anyway, we get to the pool a little bit early and I start to see signs of Alyssa getting anxious. She is wringing her little bathing suit in knots.  She wants to go pee twice before leaving the change room.  We get out on the deck and she is not saying much at all. When the instructor comes over to get the class, I notice a single tear running down her face.

For whatever reason, my girl is terrified of either her instructor or of swimming.  And this is from the girl who at the end of SunFish was the only one in her class who wanted to jump off the 5m diving board (with a life jacket of course) all by herself and swim to the instructor at the edge of the pool.

My heart is breaking for her as she is now bawling.  She is telling me I can do whatever I want, take away her blankies, take her out of gymnastics, go to bed early; whatever I want as long as she doesn't have to go swimming.  Her blankies and gymnastics are two of her very favorite things so I am really realizing just how scared she really is.

I talked to the instructor and he recommended switching her back to SunFish, her previous class to regain her confidence in swimming.

So we went back into the change room and she had a good cry.  We cuddled a little bit and then had a good chat.She decided she would try SunFish.

I tried to switch classes but because there wasn't a supervisor on duty we weren't able to. Hopefully on Monday we will be able to switch classes.  There is a class on Thursday's I am hoping to be able to get her in.

As we were driving home Alyssa said in her quiet little voice from the backseat, "Mommy, I am so sorry for not swimming."  Awe....Sweet girl, It's okay. Mommy understands and We will get you in another class.

So we will see.  I hope that I am making the right decision.....being a parent is not easy (and I am sure that it is only going to get tougher).

Stay tuned for more on the swimming saga......
On to other news,  Matt is home and our little world feels right again.

Have a good weekend.

PS.  Alyssa just came to me at 7:00pm and said she was tired from all the crying and she wanted to go to bed (bedtime is usually 8:00pm). She never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment