Tuesday 3 April 2012

Snippets of our Life

Alyssa can be so funny at times.  I wanted to write down some things she has said so that I won't forget.

Alyssa:  Mommy know what i want to be when i grow up?
Me:  What?
Alyssa: On Thursday's I want to be a nurse like you want to be mom, On Sunday's I want to teach an art class and then the rest of the days I will teach gymnastics. 

When I was in Houston Alyssa told my parents that "I just want my mom to come home, so I can get on with my life."  (This was just after my dad couldn't find her preschool so she had to miss school that day.)

Alyssa:  Mommy, come look, there is a bunny in our front yard
Me:  Really, where?
Alyssa:  April Fool's

Lucas just learned how to flick on the light switches.  When he does it and the light turns on and off he looks at you with  his mouth shaped in a big "O" and says "Ooooooooo..." Today Alyssa brought a chair over to the light switches and he flicked the lights on and off for a good half hour making that "Oooooo..."  sound over and over again.  Oh to be a little kid again and to be so entertained by the simple joys of turning lights on.




No comments:

Post a Comment