Wednesday 11 April 2012

Edmonton Weather

After twelve years of living here in Edmonton, I should be used to the drastic weather changes.  But, I am not. 

On Tuesday we were outside in the evening.  Alyssa had gotten a new scooter for her birthday and Lucas was pulling his wagon (he no longer lets me pull him in it).  We were walking around the block and it was so nice out.




We even came to some puddles and I let the kids do some puddle jumping.....




(Disclaimer...I know the date says April 1 but my camera is a few days off.)

Anyway, then we wake up on Thursday and this is what we see.....





Snow and lots of it.





I can, for the most part, handle the cold months of January and February but what I have a hard time handling is that winter is really not over until the end of April in Edmonton.  It just feels like it keeps going and going and going.  I find that so frusturating.  

I long for warmer tempertures....for shorter winters.


No comments:

Post a Comment