Monday 16 April 2012

Checked Out

Yesterday I had to check out.  I had what I believe to be a migrane (I used to get them really bad when I was pregnant with Alyssa).  Anyway the pain on only one side of my head, the nausea, the dizziness and the blurriness of only my one eye was unbelievable.  Matt was at work, (overtime on a Sunday) and I had to call him home.  He came home around lunch time and I retreated to our bedroom.  I was completely disabled and not able to do anything all day.  It was awful.  Nothing, would touch the pain. 

Thankfully, though, I have a husband who is very hands on and he is fully able to take over.  He did awesome at watching the kids and making sure they were fed, clothed and napped etc.  But, he does struggle with multi-tasking a little bit so when I came downstairs later that night.....all I could say was WOW.  The dishes were piled up.  There were toys all over the floor.  But, the kids were tucked happily in bed and that is all that I could ask for.  And he did do a full tidy once the hockey game was over. 

I am so thankful for my husband and that when I do have to check out (not very often) he can fully take over. 

Oh, and the migrane fully left after I took some of Matt's prescription medication left over from a few years ago.  Shhhhh......  I will be heading to the doctor later this week in hopes of getting something just in case that ever happens again. 

This morning, I woke up feeling great and ready to take on the day.  Alyssa had her second class of "Messy Hands" at Millenium Place and Lucas and I got some shopping done at Costco.  Just for those who don't know, we pulled Alyssa from preschool (had some issues with the teaching) and are on an extended summer.  We are back to normal...... and looking forward to a playdate at Kidz Quarterz after naptime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment