Friday 18 May 2012

We Are Done

I have always said that I wanted four kids. Matt always wanted two. So we decided on three.

However, after Lucas was born, Matt was quite confident that our family was complete. I too kinda felt done but not completely.

I prayed and prayed. I asked God to change our hearts so whatever the outcome was that we were in complete agreement.

Today is the first day that I can say.....I am done..... with complete confidence and with not a little hope added on.

Looking at Lucas and Alyssa, I can finally say that my little family is complete.

I am enjoying not having a baby anymore. I am enjoying going to the park and being able to relax a little and not having to fully chase Lucas all over the park (don't get me wrong I still have to keep my eyes on him at all times).  I am enjoying only having to work around one nap. I am enjoying the independance that Alyssa is showing like getting herself dressed or not waking me up in the morning when she gets up. I am enjoying being a mom to a five year old and an almost two year old.

Because I have such a close relationship with my sister I always wanted to give Alyssa a sister so she could have that special bond with a sister. However, I am now seeing that I have given her a special gift already; a special bond with her brother.  The bond that they share is truly amazing to watch. They truly love one another whole-heartedly. And just now I am realizing that that Alyssa doesn't just need a sister to have that special relationship with, but that she can also have it with her brother.

I am ready to move on to the next stage of our lives. To move past strollers and bottles and diapers (note: we are still working on giving up bottles and i haven't even attempted to start potty training). And move on to family vacations and older kid things.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the baby stage while we were in it. It's just time to move on.

So as I look excitedly into the future, I am happy and content to see just the four of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment