Monday, 28 May 2012

A Quiet Weekend

We had a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend and it was so, so, so needed.

Matt drove home from Calgary Saturday morning (yes, he did end up going back to Calgary after helping clean up the flood). So the kids and I went to a garage sale. We don't usually go to garage sales very often but, when we do the kids have a blast.

Alyssa's rubber boots just got a hole in them. The first thing we saw when we arrived at the garage sale was a pair of rubber boots that fit her just right. Love that.

Alyssa had $2.00 that she was allowed to spend. She choose pool floaties for her and her brother.

When they got home....they had to try them on to make sure that they fit over their new life jackets. 

The rest of the day was just spent soaking up Matt.  We are all so happy when he comes home.  The kids ran through the sprinkler; while Alyssa ran through the sprinkler with friends.  Lucas is pretty scared of the sprinkler so it should be interesting when we go to all the spray parks this summer.  We BBQ'd and just enjoyed a nice family day.

On Sunday, the kids and I went to church.  I had a deliciously long afternoon nap while Lucas was sleeping and Alyssa and Matt were playing Lego.  (Matt made a pit stop in Calgary to his favorite store....The Lego Store). 

In the evening, we went for a bike ride to the store and got some special popsicles.  Lucas loves being in the bike trailer.  He laughs and laughs whenever we go over a bump. 

We came home and I shared my popsicle with Lucas.  Well, actually, I only got a few bites.  He had the rest. 

This morning, my two cuties were cuddling on the couch as they often do in the morning and I got some cute pictures of them.

Notice Mickey Mouse right next to Lucas.  He has gotten quite attached to Mickey Mouse.  So wherever his blankie is, Mickey Mouse is always right beside it. 

This morning, Alyssa had a preschool class, Messy Hands; so Lucas and I went to get some groceries.  I was able to stock up on some utensils as I am realizing how fast the time is coming until my sister and her family will be here.  YEAH.  (The too do list is quite long though before they get here, though :(

On to news about the flooded basement.  The insurance adjuster came on Thursday morning and by Friday morning he had a contractor here and a cleaning crew here to clean up the basement and take out all the carpet.  Four people worked from 11am - 3:30pm on Friday but finally got it done.  Fans and dehumidifiers are going right now and the contractor will be back on Wed to make sure everything is dry and then we can go ahead with getting new carpet etc.  The basement is a MESS and my sister and her family as well as my aunt are coming in less than two weeks.  There is no way that the basement will be finished by then.  Oh well, we will just have to make the best of the situation.

Anyway, I have to go put my monkey down for a nap.  We are BBQing again tonight....hamburgers and then we are off to have a family bikeride and baths tonight. 

Tomorrow is picture day for the kids at Sears.  Hopefully, Lucas will behave okay for the pictures so we can get a couple of good ones. 

Happy Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment