Sunday 20 May 2012

Busy Weekend

We had a very busy yet fun weekend working around the house. 

On Saturday, we did a major purge of some stuff in our basement.  Half of our laundry room is filled with stuff (camping stuff, childhood memories, baby clothes etc etc etc.).  After this purge, though we are down to about a quarter of our laundry room filled.  Yeah.  I love it.  I love organizing and getting rid of stuff. 

The only baby stuff that I have left in this house is baby clothes.  I can't seem to part with them, although I am getting closer to wanting to sort through them to sell or donate.  We have probably 15 rubbermaid containers right now filled with baby clothes.  Craziness.  But everything else, related to baby is gone.  Well, except the crib but we are still using that. 

Anyway, it felt so good to go through everything.  I find we do that at least once a year...sometimes twice and it always feels so much better to walk into that room afterwards.  I had a friend come and pick up a whole bunch of stuff that we are donating.  Her friend is having a garage sale to raise funds for a mission trip.  So donating all that stuff was for a good cause and now I have another person to pray for.

Then today, Sunday, I taught Sunday School at church.  I always enjoy being in the 4-5 year old room with Alyssa.  I am scheduled to teach once a month and have done so for two years now.  Well actually I have just grown up with Alyssa in regards to serving in the church.  I started when she was in the nursery then moved up to the 2 year old room and now am in the 4-5 year old room.  I always really enjoy it but it does leave me a little tired on Sunday afternoon.  I'm not sure how you teachers out there do it....I give you lots of credit....it is tiring work.

After church, Alyssa and I went to the green house and picked up some bedding flowers.  We came home and went to work planing all the flowers we had just bought. 

My neighbor took this picture as she thought it looked neat from her view. 




Lucas did some playing in the backyard after nap.


And then it was time to wash Daddy's car which was fun for both of the kids.  The love washing cars. 






Then the puddle jumping began....



We had a quick dinner and then baths and now the kids are settled in their beds.  Whew.....

Tomorrow, as it being the holiday Monday, we are going to spend the morning soaking up our Daddy before he leaves again for work.  I'm so enjoying having Matt home that I'm really not looking forward to another week away.  Oh well....I will survive. 

I'm also feeling a little bit sad tonight.  My cousin Andrew passed away about a year and a half ago. It is his birthday today.  He would have been 26.  Something went wrong with his heart and he passed away while driving home after getting his grandma's car washed.  My thoughs and prayers are with my aunt, uncle and cousin Shea in Winnipeg.  I miss you Andrew.  You touched this world and will never be forgotten.  I just checked his facebook page and there are countless posts wishing him a Happy Birthday.    




1 comment:

  1. Was thinking about Andrew a lot on his birthday - I still think of him often - he will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete