Friday 11 May 2012

Disneyland 2011

In February of 2011 we (Matt's mom, brothers, sister-in-law and nephew) went to Disneyland and we had so much fun.  It was amazing. 



Alyssa was only four and although she may not remember everything, we will sure remember the magic we saw in her eyes.  It was incredible. 

Lucas was only eight months old so we decided to leave him at home with my parents.  Thanks mom and dad for keeping him for us.  Although I missed him something fierce, I think it was better for everyone that he stayed home.  And we have promised him that we will take him when he is four and Alyssa is seven.  I can't wait. 

Anyway I wanted to share some of the pictures of the magical memories we had. 

Walking into Disneyland and seeing the castle, made me tear up a little.  What a magical place. 




My absolute favorite view.....


The Toy Story Ride was a big hit for everyone



At the Jedi Training Camp they choose probably 30 kids to come up and learn how to be a Jedi (I don't know if my terms are correct) out of probably a few hundred that are watching.  And would you believe it....both Ethan and Alyssa were chosen to take part.  It was very exciting.


The fireworks and lightshow at night were unbelievable....


Alyssa was in LOVE with the princesses and couldn't get enough.  We waited an hour and a half to meet the princesses at the Princess Faire.  She loved it but was a bit disappointed as she didn't get to meet Belle (her favorite princess).  So the next day we waited in line for another hour and a half and thankfully Belle was there.  I'm so glad we waited though.  It was a magical moment between a little girl and a princess.  I'm not sure what Belle and her were talking about, but they stood cheek to cheek for at least three minutes discussing very important things.  It was a memory I will never forget. 


My daughter is fearless when it comes to rollercoasters (dogs are another story LOL).  She wanted to go on on the rollercoasters and even went on Space Mountain (without me....I don't do rollercoasters).  This picture is on a kids rollercoaster....I can handle those.



Donald Duck is HARD man to find....but we (actually Sue) found him on our last day.



On one day we took a bus tour down to SanDiego to Sea World.  This was a huge thing for me because I am absolutely in love with dolphins. 





We also went to Knottsberry farm which was a nice break from all the line ups. 

Alyssa couldn't get enough of the log ride and we went on it several times.




After Knottsberry Farm we went to a Midevil Knight dinner theatre.  It is a live show with real horses and the kids had a blast.  Alyssa even got queened the Queen of Love and Beauty which was very exciting. 




It was amazing....both kids, Ethan and Alyssa went from morning to late at night for ten days straight and neither one had a meltdown.  But on the way home we sure had one tired girl....



So that was our disney trip....we are so excited to start planning the next trip in a few years when Lucas is four. 















No comments:

Post a Comment