Thursday 3 May 2012

Bottles and an Update

Lucas is almost 23 months old and he still has a bottle of milk before nap and before bedtime.  He doesn't take his bottle into his crib, but, he does still have them. 

I don't know how I am going to get him off of the bottle.  I have tried a couple different sippy cups with milk in them and when he realizes that he is not getting his bottle he takes the sippy cup and throws it across the room.  He likes his bottle.

He doesn't have a soother.  He was such an easy going baby that I never really  needed to introduce the soother as he never really needed to be settled.  So all he has in his blankie (which we have three of them and I just rotate them; I learned from Alyssa who now has all but a rag left) and his bottle which comfort him.

How do I take away this bottle?

I am not sure that I am ready.  I love my cuddle time in the rocking chair.  I love holding him like a baby and seeing his drowsy eyes stare lovingly up at me.  I don't think I want to get rid of the bottle.  But I am feeling pressured by the health nurses and by his pediatrican. 

Any suggestions? 

I will keep you updated.


Lucas is doing really really well after his accident on Monday.  He continues to play and do all things just like he used to do with a bandaged hand.  He doesn't seem bothered at all.  I am  always quite amazed at the resilency of kids. 

We have been hugely blessed.  My friend Renae, who is also an ER nurse, offered to doing Lucas' dressing changes here at our house.  This is huge.  So now I don't have to keep a toddler occupied in the hospital waiting room every second day.  Yeah.  

Renae came over last night and did the dressing change.  It went relatively well.  Just ALOT of screaming.  The poor guy got so worked up whenever she brought scissors near his hand.  I'm so sorry Lucas.  But all in all it went really well. 

The next dressing change is tomorrow morning.  I am going to attempt to bath him with a ziplock bag and an elastic band over his hand.  Hopefully we will keep it relatively dry. 


Alyssa has her first class of SunFish tonight.  Yes, I was able to switch classes so we will see how she does.  She says that she will for sure swim and have fun so we will see.  I'll keep you posted.


And I am getting ready for the women's R-E-T-R-E-A-T this weekend.  I'm so excited.  I feel like God has been preparing me these last few weeks and I'm ready and willing for what God has in store.   We leave tomorrow night at 6pm and will get home Sunday afternoon. 

Matt leaves on Sunday at noon for another week in Houston and I won't get home until later in the afternoon so we have Emily coming to watch the kids.  I'm sure they will love that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment