Thursday 10 May 2012

Big Boy Room

Matt is in Houston right now for a week and I have to admit that I am really struggling this week.  My patience seems pretty thin.  Alyssa is getting up early so she is not getting enough sleep and is pretty emotional because of it.  Lucas is a little off; as he often gets when Daddy is gone.  And I plain, just want to be in Houston with Matt.  It has been a tough few days. 

So what do I do when I am feeling down....I go shopping.  I know its really not the best thing to do but it sure does help lift my spirits. 

We went to Toys R' Us today and got Lucas some big boy bedding and organizational things for his new Big Boy Room.  I went with the Cars theme as he is absolutely in love with anything Cars. 

By some miracle, I was able to keep the kids downstairs and occupied while I re-did Lucas' room.  I moved the train table upstairs and moved some furniture around and now he has a big boy room. 

When he walked in, he pointed to the Cars poster and said "Wow," which I have never heard him say before.  It was adorable.  He is so happy with all his new Cars stuff.  He immediately wanted into his crib so he could try out his new blankets etc.  After a few minutes he then started pointing for Alyssa and I to leave so he could have a nap.  What a guy. 

I am planning on leaving him in his crib as long as possible.  I do have a toddler Cars bed in the basement just patiently waiting for when he is done with the crib.  But if he is still three and hasn't climbed out yet...I'm okay with that. 



These picture frames that are on the wall were from when I was decorating Alyssa's nursery.  I used my scrapbooking skills and had P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S spelled out in them in cute pink and green colors.  Then when I found out I was having a boy with Lucas I changed the background to green and blue.  Now that Lucas is a big boy, I cut out pictures of cars from a Cars 2 story book and put them on the wall.  They sure are getting a lot of use!!



Note:  I purposely angled them.

And here is Miss Alyssa on her bed.  I got a few new things for her room too and we did a big clean of her room today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment