Sunday 6 May 2012

Going Away is Great but Coming Home is Even Better

I just got home from our women's retreat and it was fantastic. Two days of amazing women,  great fellowship, praise and worship, the word, an amazing speaker, nature, and great meals that I didn't have to cook makes for a very refreshing weekend.

I have to admit that I have found my patience wearing thin a few times in the last few weeks, so a retreat was just what I needed to refresh my soul and strengthen me.

God did not disappoint this weekend. He met with me in such a special way. I feel strong in him. I feel built up in his power. I feel boldness and courage. It's a really great place to be.

But, just as its great to get away. It's even sweeter to come home. To see the two beautiful faces that love and need me so much. And of course to feel Matt's arms around me (although this weekend I didn't get to see Matt as he had to fly to Houston before I got home.)

The kids are doing great. Lucas' finger is healing well. we have moved down to just a bandaid on his finger, rather than the whole hand being wrapped up.

Alyssa had her swimming class on Thursday. I was able to switch her back to Sunfish and she did fantastic. No issues at all.

So as the weekebd ends I'm just so excited to see what Gid has in store for us.  I'm ready and willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment