Tuesday 3 July 2012

Yes, Even When I Don't Want To

Last night around 9:30pm, I missed a call. When I picked up the message it was my friend Melissa wondering if I could pick up and drop off her daughter at Evangel's Day Camp; the same day camp thaft Alyssa is attending this week.

I'm not going to lie, my first response was "really, that is way out of my way.....we are barely going to make it on time without having to wake my kids up, nevermind having to leave at least half an hour early." (sorry melissa, if you are reading this but its really what i was thinking....and to melissa's credit she thought i lived in a different area of town so in her mind it would be on my way to church.)

So anyway, i sat there for a few minutes thinking everything through. I was thinking maybe i could bring her home but not pick her up etc. I was trying to make it work in my mind.

In my spirit though, I kept hearing "Love Your Neighbor Like Yourself, and Think About That Sweet Spirit That Just Wants To Get To Know Me More".

So I did what I knew as right and what God was asking of me and accepted but, to be honest I was still a little miffed at having to do this.

But, you know what....God blessed me through my sweet friend Melissa. She offered to watch Lucas for me (she has a dayhome) every morning this week so I could have the mornings free and without kids if i would drive her daughter. Wow.....ummmm yes that would work for me. 

So in the end I ended up getting the sweeter deal, well in my opinion at least.

God really taught me an important lesson last night......if you are obedient and willing to bless others, God will honor that and bless you accordingly. 

So I just want to say Sorry to Melissa for having those awful thoughts and thank you to her for blessing me so incredibly much.

I have to admit that it was a really weird feeling this morning as I sat in the parking lot of the drycleaners trying to figure out what to do with my morning.  So here I sit, in Starbucks enjoying my hot chocolate and blogging about the lesson God taught me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment