Sunday 15 July 2012

I'm a Proud Momma

The number one gift I want to give my children is a love for Jesus.  Knowing Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior has been life-changing and amazing and I want to give that to my children.  I want them to love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul. 

So when I look back in my rear-view mirror and see Alyssa belting out, singing with all her might about Jesus; my heart sings.

Or when Lucas first two words that he put together are "Dee Jees" as he is praying in the car, I couldn't be prouder of him. 

I pray daily for their protection and that they would come to know Jesus at a young age.  I'm so thankful that Alyssa already knows Jesus and asked him into her heart at the young age of 2 years 9 months old.

On September 21, 2009, we were driving home from church.  We stopped in at the McDonald's Drive Thru to grab some lunch.  We were singing Jesus Loves Me while we waited in line.  Out of nowhere she says, "Mommy, I want Jesus."  I replied, "do you mean that you want to Jesus to live in your heart."  "Yeah, I want Jesus". 

This important moment was all happening while I was trying to pay and get my food from the cashier. 

We pulled over in the parking lot. I asked her again if she wanted Jesus to live in her heart.  She replied that she did.  So we prayed a very simple prayer, asking Jesus to forgive Alyssa of all of her sins and to come live in her heart today and always. 

We finished praying, I had tears in my eyes and my little girl had a smile from ear to ear. 

The first thing she did when she ran into the house was run to daddy and yell.  "I have Jesus in my heart."

Wow what a moment....one I will never forget. 

I know some people may be skeptical of her being saved at such a young age.  But, I have no doubt whatsoever that my little girl recieved the gift of salvation that day.  It is very very obvious that since then, and still to this day, that she loves Jesus with all her heart. 

And I couldn't be prouder.

No comments:

Post a Comment