Wednesday 12 September 2012

Women In Touch

Women of all ages; with all different backgrounds meet together to encourage one another.

Beautiful decorations create a peaceful space in the fireside room at our church.

Coffee with flavored cream are staples on a Wednesday morning.

A spread of delicious food is layed out at the back table; so thoughtfully prepared for this meeting.

Women being transparent and honest with one another.

Women lifting each other up as we walk through the trials of life.

Tears and hugs being shared when life gets tough. Laughter and smiles a few minutes later fill the room.

The Holy Spirit is present.

The children are being lovingly cared for by "the grandmas" so the moms can have a break.

Women are growing and moving closer to God.

Books are studied and used as a tool to help in our journey.

Prayer is essential and the Holy Spirit is so kind to always meet us where we need. 

Women leave more peaceful, more rested, and ready to take on the week. 


To me, Women in Touch has been such a blessing in my life.  The fellowship that happens on a Wednesday morning is what I crave.  The support that these women offer has been what lifts me up during difficult times.  I can't give it all the praise that this program deserves.  It is what I look forward to each week and I can't imagine my life without it. 

I took a step of faith this year and I am now on the executive team as well as I am leading a book study.  I need to give back all that has been offered to me.  I pray that God uses me to encourage other women, to lift them up when they are down, to help them grow on their spiritual journey. 

I am so thankful for all WIT has done and will continue to do. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment