Sunday 9 September 2012

Ten Years

I am two days late in writing this post.....but, here we go.

Ten years ago, the big wooden doors were opened as my dad nervously walked me down the aisle to my future husband. I remember that moment as if it happened an hour ago. I was aware that the church was filled with our guests but, really I didn't really notice that they were there. I only remember meeting eyes with Matt, and knowing that everything was going to be okay because he, my prince, was waiting for me.

Matt, still today, offers me that peace. He only has to lock eyes with me across the room to comfort me. He is my protector, mt comforter, my source of strength. He is my everything.

As I made it down the aisle, and my dad gave me away. I knew with complete certainty that this is where I belonged; right by his side.

The pastor started talking and I really don't remember much of what he said. I just remember feeling peace. As we turned towards each other to share our vows, Matt winked at me and made giggle. He can always make me laugh and even in the most serious of moments, he knows how to always lighten the mood.

I love to look down memory lane and remember the moment that changed my life forever. The best decision I made was saying "I do" to Matt.

Since then we have had alot of 'ups' and a few 'downs but, it has always been fun; filled with plenty of laughter.

I love him today, more than ever and am so proud of the man that he is.

He surprised me with dinnet out at a very nice, romantic restaurant and a beautiful anniversary ring.

I am a very lucky girl and am so blessed to be married to Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment