Friday 21 September 2012

Nothing Like A Kitchen Dance Party

I hope my kids always remember our kitchen dance parties. Whenever the day seems to be stressful, I crave a kitchen dance party with my two littles. We turn up the kids worship music and dance until we can dance no more. And after our little party I find that the house feels that much more peaceful and joyful which is what we all crave.

We needed that stress relief something furious today.

I mentioned earlier this week that Alyssa had a bad fall, hitting her head hard on the monkeybars. Well out of nowhere she got two really bad bleeding noses. The second one lasted 45 minutes. She has never even had a little bleeding nose before. I was worried so I called the pediatrian who advised us to go right to the ER to make sure she didn't have a skull fracture. Yeah...I was pretty panicked at that point.

Our morning turned very hectic in like two minutes. Lucas is running around, pulling everything out of the bag I was trying to pack. Alyssa is crying and spitting out the blood she is swallowing and she is begging me to pray with her. Which I did a number of times. Anyway we got out of the door with Alyssa still bleeding quite badly. We dropped Lucas off at my good friend Jamie's and we were off to the hospital.

Thankfully at the hospital we were seen pretty quickly. The doctor did a good exam of Alyssa's skull, ears and nose. He didn't think that the fall and the bleeding nose was related. He would expect to see CSF fluid in her ears and nose if it was in fact a skull fracture; along with bruising around the eyes.

This mama was relieved.

So we picked up Lucas and had a dance party in our kitchen to rid ourselves of the stress. It did everyone really good and our day instantly went from bad to good.

And then our day went from good to excellent when we were invited over to our neighbors and good friends house for dinner. Laura made delicious pizza, the kids played nicely together and I got some adult conversation in. It was just what we needed.

And.......Matt comes home tonight which means my world is about to be righted (is that a word?) again.

Happy Weekend Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment