Monday 3 September 2012

Baking and Bulldogs

It's the night before Alyssa starts kindergarten and I cannot settle down for the night.  I don't know what I am feeling; the only word that I can think to describe it is.....unsettled.  I am super excited for her to start kindergarten as she is more than ready for it.  Yet I am sad.....so sad....that she won't be home with me anymore. 

I've read over the letter that her teacher sent home about what she needs to bring about 10 times.  Her bag is packed and I have rechecked that everything is just so.  Everything is labelled.  Yet, I feel that I should be doing something more to mark this occasion. 

At bedtime, I think Alyssa was just stalling, but when she came downstairs asking me to sing "Jesus Loves Me" to her my heart just melted.  As I rocked her and sang her favorite song I just couldn't get over how small she still is.   How she needs me still so much.  How perfect her little body still fit in my lap.  Yet, tomorrow she has to be a big girl and go to school.  I cannot grasp how she can still be so little, yet so big all at once.

Oh and just to let you know....she is only going to school for 45 minutes tomorrow and I will be with her the whole morning.  I know I am once crazy momma.  We just go to find out what teacher she will have etc and get her fully registered.  It is not until Friday that I have to leave her with her teacher. 

Yet I feel so emotional.....so unsettled.  Is this normal?  Am I crazy? 

How did the past five years go by so fast?  How did my little 5lb15oz baby become a school age girl right before my eyes.  I so want time to slow down.  I need time to slow down. 

Anyway, I will put my ramblings behind me for now and tell you about a funny but oh so cute thing that Alyssa and I saw today. 

We were at the church parking lot waiting for a friend to come open up the church so we could bake sugar cookies to hand out at Ignition Sunday at our church on Sunday......and there was a little bulldog riding a skateboard. 

We later found out that her name is Buttercup and that she has been coming to Evangel's parking lot since she was a puppy....learning how to ride a skateboard. 

 
How cute is that?????
 
 
Alyssa had a blast decorating the sugar cookies for us.
 

 
I was amazed....it only took us three ladies, plus Alyssa just over an hour to bake and decorate 200 sugar cookies.  We were on fire in the church kitchen. 
 
Anyway, I should probably head to bed and try to settle down for the night.  I hope everyone had a great long weekend.  (We didn't really do anything exciting except hang out with daddy and enjoy him being home.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment