Monday 10 September 2012

First Day of School

Alyssa was doing so well and was so excited about going to school, until two nights before she would have her staggered entry.

As she lay in bed, the tears came about how scared she was.  How she was upset that Lucas would be getting more attention that her.  She was crying and saying, "I just want to spend more time with you, momma."  My heart was breaking as I held her while she cried. 

Once she settled down and went to sleep I sent out a prayer request to a couple friends; asking them to pray.  I then went into her room while she slept and prayed over her. 

When she woke up she didn't say anything about school and we just went on with our day like we normally would.  We met up with some friends and went mini-golfing at West Edmonton Mall.  After mini-golfing I took the kids to Build-A-Bear. 

The teacher had sent out a letter saying that if they needed to, they could bring a favorite bear with them.  So we went to build-a-bear where we allowed her to build her special "Kindergarten" bear that she could take with her the next day. 

Both Lucas and Alyssa had alot of fun building their bears.

Alyssa put a recording of her voice into her bear saying, "I am so excited to start Kindergarten."


Alyssa named her bear, "First Day of Kindergarten" and she named Lucas' bear "Thomas" as he loves Thomas the train.

 
I really found that the combination of prayer and building a bear really helped Alyssa.  She woke up the morning of school before I did.  Once I got downstairs she was up and already dressed ready for school.  She was SOOOOO....excited and so ready for school to start. 
 
I can't believe that my baby girl is in Kindergarten :(
 
 
Lucas had to get into the picture taking too.  He also had a sign that morning that said "Lucas".
 
 
We dropped her off and took her to her classroom.  She never looked back and was just following her teacher.  Her confidence shown through and I was so proud of how well she did.
 
 
Matt took some time off work and picked her up after her class so they could go out for a celebratory lunch.  Alyssa chose a pizza parlor and loved having all of Matt's attention.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment