Wednesday 20 June 2012

Our Jasper Adventure

Around ten years ago, Shelby and Steve met at Jasper Park Lodge where they were both working.  So of course on our way to mom and dad's cabin, they wanted to stop and show the girls where they met.  It was a good stopping point on our road trip and the kids had alot of fun in Jasper. 

We may have been a little crazy....packing all seven (Matt was in Houston) of us into the van for a road trip.


When we got to the hotel, Lucas needed a nap and I needed some downtime so we stayed back at the Hotel while Shelby and Steve took the three girls for a hike. Here is my sweet guy having a nap on the big, comfy king size bed.



Here are some pictures that I stole from Shelby of the hike that they took the girls on.


When they got back from their hike, we ordered pizza and then went swimming in the hotel pool.  So much fun. 


My poor little guy was so fevered here.  He was a trooper though and kept up with the big kids.  On a side note, he ended up getting a weird virus.  He had a fever for three days (in Jasper and then at the cabin), then when we got home he was limping and not wanting to put much weight on his left leg.  I took him to see his pediatrican and he diagnosed him with transient synovitis of the left hip.  It sounds way worse than it is, but, basically the virus went into his hip and caused inflammation.  Motrin and rest were prescribed and my little guy was back to walking normal in about four days.  I had no idea that a virus could go into a hip; my kids sure do keep surprising me. 



Steve lit a fire in the fireplace.  My kids were quite amazed as they have never seen a real (not gas) fireplace.  It made it nice and cozy in our hotel room.  


This last picture was taken before the fire picture, but I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to switch the order.  Anyway, the three girls are settling down for bed and watching Caillou on Shelby's tablet.  

Jasper was a lot of fun, but I'm not going to lie, it was a lot of working unloading and packing back up for only one night's stay.  But, it was well worth it.  







No comments:

Post a Comment