Tuesday 19 June 2012

Inside Alyssa's Head

Somedays Alyssa can come up with the funniest things. I wanted to write a couple down so I wouldn't forget them.

Yesterday, we were in the car, when I gave the kids a mini donut for a little snack. As she is eating and obviously enjoying the donut she says, "Mom, my guess is that this is a type of mexican bread just rolled into a circle."   What......mexican bread???

As we were driving home from swimming lessons last night Alyssa was panickly asking me where her jeans were that she was wearing that day. I explained that they were in her swimming bag. She was quite concerned that I was going to wash them. When I asked her why couldn't I wash them she replied, "Well I guess you could wash them, just make sure to check the left front pocket before you do." So of course, I checked her left front pocket when we got home and i found......playdoh.....lots and lots if playdoh.

I'm going to be transparent right now. Today was a hard, hard day. Matt has almost been gone for two weeks. I have an awful cold that seems never-ending and for whatever reason, Lucas was in a terrible, agressive mood today. I just need a break. So right before bedtime as Lucas was screaming in my face, I felt done. I told both kids that mommy needed a time-out and that I was going up to my roomto calm done. Alyssa looks at me and says, "You go ahead mom, and take all the time you need. I've got everything covered down here. I can handle my brother when he is like this." Oh sweet girl, what would i do without you?

Anyway it's only 8:30pm but I am heading to bed. I'm exhausted. Thank God that his mercies are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment