Wednesday 29 August 2012

Swimming....

After we decided to extend our vacation.  Matt went back to Edmonton and the kids and I stayed in Kamloops at my mom and dad's. 

My mom and dad, though, were still at their cabin and we couldn't get hold of them so we "broke" into their house (I knew the garage keypad code) and stayed there for two days until they got home. 

While we were there, it was HOT in Kamloops.  I called my mom and dad's good friends Nancy and Ron (we grew up with their kids and they are like family to us) and invited ourselves over for a swim.

Nancy and Ron were more than welcoming and had fun watching my littles take over their backyard. 


Lucas again didn't want anything to do with the pool but he insisted on wearing his waterwings.  I couldn't believe that he didn't want to swim as it was SO hot as you can see by his red, red cheeks. 


Lucas started getting a little more brave, trying to get the noodle.


Alyssa and Nancy in the pool.  Nancy and Ron have been good, good friend with my parents since my sister was a baby.  We have spent a lot of time with their family over the years.




Lucas would stand on the side of the pool and count with us, "one, two, three....GO!!" We could only understand the GO though but he thought it was fun that when he said GO, Alyssa would jump off the divingboard.  






They made a nice dinner for us and it felt just like we were home with our family.  Thanks Nancy and Ron for a great afternoon/evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment