Thursday 30 August 2012

Summer Ending But New Beginnings in Fall

This last week I have struggled with the fact that our summer is ending.  It's not just our summer ending though, it is that Miss Alyssa is starting school this fall. 

Throughout this week I kept thinking about how this was the last week of our time together.  I know I am being totally unrational and that we will still have lots of time together.  I just feel that we are closing another chapter and it makes me sad. 

I love having Alyssa and Lucas home with me.  I love our lazy mornings, and our fun memories that we have and are still creating. 

This fall will be different, but still good.  Alyssa will be in school in the mornings and taking the bus (AHHHHH......just a little panic for this momma) and that makes me sad, but on the other hand, I will have my mornings with just my little man.  I am looking forward to the time together that we will have just Lucas and I. 

I know that Alyssa is more than ready for school and I am really happy for her.  But, I just can't help looking at her this past week and remembering the little girl that used to hang on my shirttails. 

It has been an emotional week for me and I am sure that next week will be even more emotional, but we will get through it and move on.

Speaking of moving on, I was praying to God and asking for direction on where I needed to be this fall. 

About a year and a half ago, I felt like God was calling me to Leadership but I really didn't feel that it was the right time.

A few days ago, though, I felt in my spirit, that now was the time to join leadership.  So I joined the Ladies Executive at our church and I also agreed to lead a book study at our Women In Touch on Wednesday mornings.

I am very excited, but also a little nervous as this is really a step of faith for me.  I am believing though, that this is God's will and that  he will carry me through this journey. 

I can't wait to see what God has in store for the women of Evangel in the coming months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment