Monday 22 October 2012

Sorry

I am so sorry, blog, that I have neglected you.  I have wanted many times this week to write but, I just haven't found the time or anything that I really need to say.

This weekend seemed to be very very busy.  Friday night was WIT's fundraiser at the waterpark.  We took Alyssa but, left Lucas at home with a babysitter as we knew he just couldn't handle the late night.  Alyssa had a blast.  Having mommy and daddy all to herself at the waterpark meant the world to her.  Matt and I also had a great time getting to spend time together with Alyssa and the waterpark is always fun.  It was a late night though, as we didn't get home until around 11pm.  Alyssa held up though with no meltdowns that night or the next day which was a bonus.

Saturday morning Alyssa had her first swimming lesson in Whale.  She did so well.  It was just her and another little girl so they got lots of attention and once again Alyssa surprised me.  She had another boy teacher and didn't even flinch when she found out.  Three months ago, that would have been a major problem.  But, now she did so well.  The other thing that surprised me was that she swam the ENTIRE length of the pool by herself.  Yeah....I am one proud momma of my little girl.

On Saturday evening we had our first meeting of the year for small group.  Our whole family loves small group.  This time we had a potluck Ukranian meal and it was delicious.  The fellowship, the food, the friendships we are making are all so great. 

Then on Sunday, Alyssa and I went to Cavalia, a cirque show with horses.  It was amazing and my little girl enjoyed it so much. 

Now, it is Monday evening.  Lucas is in bed early tonight as he has decided some days he doesn't want to nap anymore so on those days it is early to bed.  Alyssa is getting some cuddle time with her daddy and I am finishing up the six loads of laundry I did today.  I am finally caught back up on laundry after my surgery a few weeks ago.  And it feels good to not see the heaping pile of clothes in the basement. 

Anyway, I will try and be better at writing this week.  I just need to think up more topics.  Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment